Type: Association management system
New Zealand Plant Producers Inc is the industry body for plant nurseries and related businesses. Their members produce the plants we Kiwis depend on for our food, the regeneration of our forests and the beautification of our urban landscapes and backyards.
NZPPI needed a website that could bring all members together through their annual conference, SHED meetings, technical seminars and business workshops. A platform to keep members informed and up to date through member newsletters and biosecurity and science updates.
The existing site also required a design refresh and rebrand. The organisation has branded collateral in circulation (Submission, strategy and manifesto documents) which appeared 'more modern' than the existing website so a realignment was crucial to the new build. This provided us with a great starting point for the redesign, coupled with some examples and suggestions thrown into the mix.
The pandemic & working remotely
With this project we also had the COVID 19 Pandemic to contend with, there were lockdowns and travel restrictions in place, forcing our team and the NZPPI staff to work from home. Once we had all settled into our home offices, working remotely had very little affect on the project running smoothly and to plan. Using a combination of Zoom, Skype, email and Stream's various web-based development platforms and processes the site was developed very efficiently.
The new site is clean and simple to use, easier to navigate, and fits in well with the NZPPI brand. Best of all it helps to simplify many of the admin tasks that the organisation has to manage.
The final solution included:
- New look design - matching the latest branding
- Database integration - import clean data from the old site into the new CRM
- Member directory - including filtering by sector
- Online application - with CRM integration (applications are stored in the CRM where they can be actioned upon)
- Events - highly valued to member engagement
- News platform - comprehensive system keeping all stakeholders up to date on the very latest in the industry
- Newsletter - delivering great content directly to members (high readership rates & engagement)