JAM Talent - CRM and talent management system upgrade
JAM Talent is a boutique talent agency that recognises the value of doing business online. The family run business has always used it’s website to promote the vast array of talent it has on it’s books.
JAM Talent relies heavily on it’s website to perform most of the heavy lifting in the day to day function of the business. The site displays talent that is available for hire. People are organised into categories of Talent, Actors, Models, Athletes, and Family, all are searchable through a variety of ways. Most of the site pages display grids of professionally photographed portraits accompanied by detailed profile information.
Stream was engaged to review the website to see if any improvements could be made with a special focus on reducing manual tasks undertaken by the JAM team.
Stream’s initial response was to take a more holistic view of how JAM managed its talent and how it put them forward for jobs that came in via existing contacts or via website enquires. We worked together to figure out the workflow and created a system that better managed those tasks, reducing double-handling and manual processes.
Data integrity was also key to moving the business forward so a technical roadmap was formed and a plan put in action to centralise more processes through a new CRM and website administration area.
"We love the backend system and have enjoyed our working relationship with the team at Stream"
Stream’s solution was to completely rebuild the existing site architecture from the ground up, creating a central data repository of talent that JAM staff could manage with a new intuitive toolset. The result is a bespoke piece of software that solves a highly complex set of functions and sees JAM moving forward online, once again.
Some key upgrades were:
- Shortlists - Allowing administrators to create shortlists for roles, that can be automatically emailed out to agencies
- CRM system to house all people and their interactions
- People profiles - improved profile data, streamlined gallery images, detailed talent information
- Favourites - allowing users to build lists of favourite talent
- Navigation - simplified by creating a slide out menu panel, keeping everything just one click away
- Simplified design - providing more clean, white space, allowing the profile photos to stand out
- Automated alerts - notifying talent of key activity
- Improved CMS - the old interface was clunky and difficult to use
- Built-in newsletter - no more MailChimp
- Homepage carousel: Sponsors - showcasing sponsors (self managed)
- Homepage carousel: Social - improved handling of all social media feeds
- Testimonials - Self-managed scrolling viewer
- Advanced search - adhering to new criteria and rules
- Dynamic PDF generation - of talent profiles for download
- Improved UX - helping to guide the user to interact with the talent and ‘ask for more’ details.
- Self-management options Reducing reliance on a programmer or technical person to make simple updates to the system