Type: Membership management system
The New Zealand Society of Genealogists mission statement is to:
Provide educational opportunities and research resources for the development of knowledge, skills and practice in family history, genealogy and whakapapa for members and the wider community.
With their mission statement in mind, NZSG came to Stream Interactive with a comprehensive wish-list of requirements for their new website and membership system. Initially Stream had to look closely at their current processes and systems to figure out if they could be integrated or needed replacing. Once these were clearly identified, a plan was set in place to build most their requirements within 'Phase 1'.
Phase 2 is an ongoing development process of constant improvement that is agile in nature and largely guided by NZSG needs.
A large, feature-rich website now serves a highly active membership comprising of 4,000 people. It includes infrastructure to support over 60 branches, special interest groups and area contacts. Administration tasks have been markedly reduced, with resources allocated to gain even further improvements.
Some of the features of this development include:
- Self-managed member profile information
- Page access control, administrators, staff, members, public
- eCommerce enabled shopping
- Feedback system
- Member CRM
- Support for existing data to be merged with the new solution eg. Family Name, existing member ID.
- Online registration and renewals (support for manual sign-ups and printed forms)
- Instant Membership access when paid using an online payment method
- Customised member dashboard
- Customised Administration dashboard
- Designated administration roles with related access rights
- MYOB integration
- Subscription product handling
- Custom reports
- Branches, interest groups, contacts located on a Google Map
- Branch news system
- Interest Groups monitoring tool
- DNA Bootcamp Webinars
- Look up service from the Family Research Centre - FRC
- Kiwi Collection integration - SSO (Single Sign On)
- AccessIT integration - SSO (Single Sign On)